Grind Coffee Roasters is owned and operated by Ian Duncan, a native of Wichita, Kansas. Ian graduated with a Horticulture degree from Spartanburg Community College and moved down to Bluffton, South Carolina, where he worked managing the landscapes of large commercial developments. Ian jumped into the world of coffee in 2009 when he went to work for the owner of Corner Perk. After 5 years of working as a baristas, Ian had the opportunity to delve into the world of roasting coffee. Getting his start on a small 1 kilo Sonofresca roaster, Ian taught himself about roasting and was soon able to produce great, consistent tasting coffees. The 1 kilo machine was not adequate to the growing demands of the expanding coffee shop. Josh and Ian bought a new 10 kilo Ambex roaster. Ian won several local awards for taste and consistency and placed in the top 30th in the national 2016 Roasters competition.
In 2016, with years of roasting expertise and a through understanding of the local market, Ian opened The Grind Coffee Roasters. As a wholesale, retail and private label roaster, his offers individuals, coffee shops, restaurants and businesses a complete complement of coffee services, including private labeled coffees.
The Grind Roasters production facility is located in mid-town Bluffton off of Simmonsville Rd. & Hwy 278. Feel free to drop by Monday thru Friday from 1-7 pm to watch Ian in action and taste and buy some freshly roasted coffee. You can also purchase whole bean coffee, kcups and nespresso pods.
• To Enrich people's lives one cup of coffee at a time.
• To Impact our community, by providing the community with the tool it needs to be successful, alert, innovative and energized.
• To Empower people in their daily lives with healthy foods, both for the body and for the soul
• To Encourage people through one on one conversations with meaning and purpose.
• To Enlist the community to help grow the business and bring about innovation.
• To provide the best Roasted coffee Bean for your cup of coffee
• Sourcing only from farms and importers, coffees that are organic, fair trade and who use sustainable practices when growing the coffees.
• People: To provide the highest level of customer service, satisfaction and experience for the best possible price
• Educations: Teaching our employees about coffee, the culture of coffee, Management skills, customer service skills and healthy living choices. .
• Enrichment: Providing or employees with Knowledge and understanding to do their jobs quickly and expertly.
• Empowerment: Providing equality pay for women in all positions, (if Merited), by work ethic and tenure with our company.
• Growth: Providing a solid career to all our employees that will both help them provide for their families as well as provide long term growth to the company and ensure our expansion.